"As we emerge from the COVID-19 pandemic, we are determined to "build back bigger and better". We will be building on two fronts. During the 18 months with our capacity limited to 25%, we staged 60+ shows and events. Now that we can once again gather a full audience we will be quickly ramping our programming back up with stellar shows. We also hope to be physically building soon, kick-starting our exciting $8 million dollar expansion. Our project grows the deCoste from 13k to 23K square feet, housing a modern new public library, expanded event hosting space and a complete upgrade inside and out. In 2022 we will be celebrating our 40 year anniversary, and that will lead us into Pictou 2023, the 150th anniversary of the Town of Pictou and the 250th anniversary of the landing of the Hector."
There are a variety of ways that you can get involved and support the deCoste as we recover from COVID-19 and kick-off our capital expansion/enhancement.
Be a Program Donor
We have a number of ongoing programs that rely on donor support. These offer an immediate and impactful way to support activity that benefits your community. Many of these programs aim to deliver new programming and/or reduce barriers and ensure our programming is inclusive of all. Some examples:
- Arts Are For Everyone: We provide complimentary and discounted tickets to many in the community through partnerships with the Pictou Antigonish Regional Library, Highland Community Residential Services and others. We seek donors to help offset the cost of this program.
- Classical Series: This is an example of important programming, that generally cannot be funded through admissions alone. We depend on donor support to continue presenting classical musicians. With virtually every concert, we have the. artists also do outreach projects, such as appearances/workshops at local schools.
Be a Corporate Sponsor
For any theatre, admissions revenue only covers a portion of operations and presenting shows. Without government and corporate support ticket prices would need to be much higher, out of reach for many in our community. Corporate sponsors have made much of our success possible over the years. Let me give some examples.
- In 2017, we were able to expand to year-round operations by launching the "Winter Blast Festival". This was made possible through support by the Advocate group of companies.
- While many theatres don't offer summer programming, the deCoste has done a summer series for decades. In recent years this has largely been possible through amazing support from the Pictou Lodge Beach Resort.
- Maritimes & Northeast Pipelines has been a major sponsor for three years, allowing us to present high profile artists like Alan Doyle, Jim Cuddy, the Bay City Rollers and many others.
Sponsorship is an effective means of marketing for your company. Annually we see upwards of 25,000 patrons come through our facility to attend shows and events. We regularly interact with our membership, 900 strong, 5,000 email list members and 10,000 highly engaged supporters on our social media platforms. We also publish 4-6 publications each year, reaching upwards of 40,000 households. By aligning your brand with the deCoste you are reaching a large audience and empowering positive social and economic development in our region.
As we emerge and recover from COVID-19, the performing arts will offer your employees/clients/partners a valuable opportunity to relax and have fun.
Every sponsorship is unique and we always have projects needing partners. Please contact us today (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Contribute to Our Capital Campaign
We are fundraising to embark on an exciting $8 million dollar expansion and enhancement project. This project will have a profound impact on Pictou County. Please view our project microsite http://www.culturehubpc.ca for more information. The deCoste, partners and community have already raised nearly $1.3 million and the goal is within sight. Success requires widespread community support and many donations, large and small. No contribution is too small. Gifts over $500 will be recognized on a donor wall within the new facility and larger donations provide opportunities for additional recognition/acknowledgement. The deCoste is a registered federal charity, so donation receipts will be provided for contributions. We welcome pledge type contributions, spread over multiple years as well as in-memoriam donations. Please contact us to discuss your contribution to this amazing project.
Legacy Gifts and Bequests
The deCoste launched an endowment fund in 2015, following a bequest from a long-time patron. Gifts to our endowment fund have the potential to be fully matched by the federal government, and will be vested in perpetuity. The principal gift remains intact, while it produces annual income to support the deCoste's operations and fuel continued growth. To discuss a legacy gift to the deCoste, please contact us (email@example.com).