Renting the deCoste
The deCoste offers a unique rental option for your event.
The Centre is the premiere facility in Northeastern Nova Scotia to host your event and offers the following:
- A great location in downtown Pictou with beautifully landscaped grounds and a large deck, overlooking the scenic Pictou harbour and waterfront development. Restaurants, shops, banking and other businesses are located within a few blocks.
- Tiered seating levels with non-fixed seating allowing flexibility. We have a variety of table and chair options available to you in-house and rental companies regularly service the facility. We can host 420 guests theatre style and approximately 250 in a seated formal dinner setting.
- State-of-the art production capabilities. We have one of the largest stages in the region (24’ x 50’ workable area) and industry-leading audio, lighting and video capabilities. The deCoste has a Meyer PA and extensive inventory of lighting fixtures and programmable control desk. Besides great equipment we have a talented staff with decades of experience with event management and audio/lighting/video production. Our staff can assist to bring your event vision to reality.
- In-house video projection with a variety of screen size options. (10’x12’, 9’x20’ and wall-sized projection on white curtain). Great for corporate branding, presentations and wedding slideshows/videos.
Unlike many theatres, our seating is non-fixed. It can be set-up to your needs. Several times a year we host events where all chairs are removed to host trade/gift shows. We have several styles of chairs in-house. Our largest capacity, 420 patrons, is achieved in a full theatre seating arrangement. We can host approximately 250 in a formal dinner setting with round, rectangle or square table configurations. If you are considering an event at the deCoste it is best to come see the facility and discuss the possibilities.
Food Service and Catering
The deCoste has a well-equipped “Caterer’s Kitchen”. It is intended for final prep kitchen and we regularly host events with food elements ranging from appetizers and hors-d’oeuvres to formal, plated, multi-course meals. The kitchen is equipped with a large commercial fridge, range/oven and warming lamps. We regularly work with a variety of caterers and can provide contact information and references based on your ideas and needs.
We have two well-equipped bars in our facility. One services our lobby/atrium (Murray Room) and the other serves directly into theatre. Other mobile bars are possible at our client’s request. We do not have any exclusive supplier relationships that limit our brand options. We can customize our bar inventory to your specifications. If wine is being brought in, corkage fees will apply.
Deck and Gardens
The deCoste Centre has a large deck overlooking the Pictou waterfront and harbour. It has been used to host weddings, receptions, concerts, etc. It also is a great staging area for patrons to gather to socialize before and after events. A wooden pergola on the deck provides a great focal point for weddings and speaking events. Our deck and gardens provide a great backdrop for pictures.
Load-in / Delivery
The deCoste has a convenient loading dock that is on the same level as our backstage, dressing rooms, admin offices and stage.
As with most venues it is difficult to provide a definitive price list that applies to the wide range of events that we can host. Each event is unique and requires a different mix of our space, staff time, equipment use and services. Some general guidelines follow:
Main Theatre and/or Full Facility
- General Private or Corporate Rental (Meeting, Performance etc. $650/Day + $100 Maint. + Extras you require. Rate card available.
- Not-For-Profit Event Rental (Meeting, Performance etc.) $500/Day + $100 Maint. + Extras you require. Rate card available.
- Weddings: $750 base charge per day, we recommend a site visit and then can prepare a detailed quote.
Murray Room (Capacity 80)
- Meeting Rental: $50/hour, minimum 2 hours.
- Small Weddings/Parties: Please contact the box office for rates