The deCoste is Reopening on August 3rd, 2020
We are very pleased to say that we are reopening on August 3rd and have announced our first 10 shows. We’ve missed you all and we know that you can’t wait to see live shows again. Please check out our schedule and come visit us soon. Upcoming Shows
On June 26th it was announced that performing arts centres could re-open with gatherings of up to 200 patrons, or the capacity they can safely physical distance. For maximum safety and spacing, the deCoste is re-opening at a 25% capacity (100 seats).
Our team has done the research, consulted the experts and shared with our theatre colleagues to develop our safety plans. Our goal is for you to feel comfortable and safe in our space. Major elements of our plan include:
- Tenting of our large deck to permit outdoor shows/bars/intermissions.
- Very generous physical distancing.
- Aggressive cleaning and sanitization procedures.
- Contactless hand-sanitization units throughout the building
- One way traffic throughout building, guided by floor decals and arrows.
- Plexiglas shields in areas such as box office and bar.
- Air conditioned theatre with constant supply of fresh air from outdoors.
Rescheduling of Shows
COVID-19 gathering restrictions have required many shows to be re-scheduled. We are confident that virtually all shows impacted by COVID-19 will go forward in coming months. We keep this website current so check back frequently for updates.
* Updates to follow.
Thank you in advance for your patience. As a not-for-profit theatre, and registered charitable organization, we ask for your support during these challenging times.
We have added updated messages to each show page to give you the most current information.
If the show you have purchased tickets for has been cancelled or rescheduled and the new dates presented do not work for you, we ask you to consider the following:
- In the case of a cancelled show, making a donation to the deCoste for the value of your ticket. Tax receipts can be provided for donations over $25. Your generosity will help us to weather this storm and maintain staff and operations during this mandated shutdown. We sincerely appreciate any contributions.
- Exchanging your ticket for another show. Pay the difference if the exchanged show costs more; we’ll provide a gift certificate if the show costs less.
- Accepting a gift certificate mailed to you for the value of the show to be used for a future purchase.
- A refund can be issued for a cancelled show. With our box office closed to the public preferred methods would be a refund to the credit card used for your purchase or an e-transfer. For other arrangements please contact the box office at email@example.com or 902-485-8848. The box office is staffed Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday, 11:30am – 5:00pm. Phone messages will be returned asap, generally within 48 hours.
With the increased volume of inquiries coming through at this time we ask our patrons to be patient and understanding as we respond to all inquiries and requests. A representative will get back to you as soon as possible.
Please monitor our website and social media channels for further updates.
We thank you for your continued support of the deCoste Performing Arts Centre.
Troy, Nancy, Jennifer and Board.