The deCoste Has Reopened
We are very pleased to say that we reopened on back in August 2020and had an amazing season during the late summer and fall. Current restrictions in NS have once again put things on hold, but with numbers improving we anticipate being able to present live shows again soon, so we’re busy working on our winter and spring line ups. Be sure to check this website, social media (Facebook, Instagram & Twitter) and look for regular member e-blasts for announcements.
When operational, we have 100 seats (25% of capacity to achieve for Covid-19 safety protocols) so shows will sell out quickly. Be sure to buy early and often. In many cases we have plans in place to add shows as demand requires.
Our team has done the research, consulted the experts and shared with our theatre colleagues to develop our safety plans. Our goal is for you to feel comfortable and safe in our space. Major elements of our plan include:
- Contact tracing at point of ordering/buying tickets and at arrival.
- Contactless online and phone ordering of tickets.
- Reduced capacity, from 400 to 100.
- Very generous physical distancing of seating.
- Aggressive cleaning and sanitization procedures.
- Reduced/managed washroom capacity, maximum 2 patrons at a time.
- Contactless hand-sanitization units throughout the building.
- One way traffic throughout building, guided by floor decals and arrows.
- Plexiglas shields in areas such as box office and bar.
- Management of HVAC systems for maximum supply of fresh air from outdoors.
Rescheduling of Shows
COVID-19 gathering restrictions have required many shows to be re-scheduled. We are confident that virtually all shows impacted by COVID-19 will go forward in the coming year. The following list provides the latest information on shows that were impacted by COVID-19 restrictions. Please be sure to re-confirm as we get closer to these dates as some may be subject to additional changes depending on current Covid-19 restrictions.
- The Sound of Music – Rescheduled to March 25, 26,27
- Epic Eagles Tribute – Rescheduled to March 30, 2021
- Downchild Blues Band, 50th Anniversary – Rescheduled to April 22, 2021
- The Once – Rescheduled to May 27, 2021
- Island Girls – Planning for Spring 2021, Date TBA
- My Life, A Billy Joel Tribute – Rescheduling to June 2021, Date TBD
- Comic Strippers – Rescheduled for June 2
- Sarah Harmer – Being rescheduled to Spring 2021, Date TBD
- Cape Breton Summertime Revue – Planning for Summer 2021
- Zachery Stevenson’s Tribute to Buddy Holly – Rescheduled to September 8, 2021
- Dreamer, Supertramp Experience – Rescheduled to October 10, 2021
- Lunch at Allens – Rescheduled to October 15, 2021
- The McCartney Years – No new date set.
- Bruce Guthro SWC – No new date set.
- The Grand Tour – Country Legends Cancelled
- Pipes of War – Cancelled
- Lumber Jills and Inn Echo – Cancelled
- Beatlemania – Cancelled
- Hells Bells – Cancelled
- No Change in the Weather – Cancelled
Thank you in advance for your patience. As a not-for-profit theatre, and registered charitable organization, we ask for your support during these challenging times.
If the show you have purchased tickets for has been cancelled or rescheduled and the new dates presented do not work for you, we ask you to consider the following:
- In the case of a cancelled show, making a donation to the deCoste for the value of your ticket. Tax receipts can be provided for donations over $25. Your generosity will help us to weather this storm and maintain staff and operations during this mandated shutdown. We sincerely appreciate any contributions.
- Exchanging your ticket for another show. Pay the difference if the exchanged show costs more; we’ll provide a gift certificate if the show costs less.
- Accepting a gift certificate mailed to you for the value of the show to be used for a future purchase.
- A refund can be issued for a cancelled show, however please note, we will need to have the tickets back in order to provide refund. The preferred method is e-transfer as the transfer to our new ticket system and passage of time has eliminated the capability of crediting back to credit cards. For other arrangements please contact the box office at email@example.com or 902-485-8848. The box office is staffed Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday, 11:30am – 5:00pm if you wish to visit in person. Phone messages will be returned asap, generally within 48 hours.
With the increased volume of inquiries coming through at this time we ask our patrons to be patient and understanding as we respond to all inquiries and requests. A representative will get back to you as soon as possible.
Please monitor our website and social media channels for further updates.
We thank you for your continued support of the deCoste Performing Arts Centre.
Troy, Nancy, Jennifer and Board.